Copyrighting your work is an essential part of the creative process. Of course, it’s nowhere near as exciting as conceiving your idea, but it can provide you with the protection you need before making your creation public. Continue reading and contact a New Jersey copyright lawyer from the Ingber Law Firm today to learn more about how copyrights work in NJ and how our legal team can assist you.
Copyright Lawyer in New Jersey | Our Firm Can Help Protect Your Intellectual Property
Copyright is a set of exclusive rights granted by law to an author or creator of an original work. An Essex County, New Jersey intellectual property lawyer from Ingber Law Firm can assist you in obtaining a copyright registration for your original work. The types of original work that can be registered and are protected by Copyright Law are as follows:
- Literary – i.e. books
- Musical – i.e written songs
- Dramatic – i.e. plays and musicals
- Pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works – i.e. photographs, graphic design, webpage design
- Audiovisual works – i.e. movies
- Sound recordings – i.e. recordings of songs
- Derivative works – i.e. any works created based on an original work
- Compilations – i.e. any set or combination of original works
- Architectural works – i.e. building designs
Why Copyright My Work?
The exclusive rights that Copyright Law protects are:
- To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords
- To prepare works based on the original work
- To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
- To publicly perform the work, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, motion pictures, and other audiovisual works, and sound recordings by means of digital audio transmission,
- To publicly display the work.
How a Copyright Lawyer Can Help You
The Ingber Law Firm has years of experience dealing with matters of copyright law. Our firm represents authors, musicians, artists, and organizations seeking to protect their original work. We have the experience and knowledge needed to assist you in any of the following copyright matters:
- Obtaining and granting assignments, licenses, and transfers of all or some of the rights embodied in copyrights, Protecting the original work against copyright infringement
- Including obtaining temporary restraining orders and conducting product seizures involving copyright works when necessary,
- Protecting you or your company against claims of copyright infringement
- Evaluation of copyright implication of various commercial transactions
Contact Our New Jersey Intellectual Property Legal Team Today
If you would like to discuss copyrighting your work or any other intellectual property concern, we encourage you to contact any of our attorneys or schedule a consultation today. The Ingber Law Firm is dedicated to helping innovators around the state of New Jersey realize their vision, and we are here to help you as well.